Sunday, October 4, 2015

Zion National Park, Utah

About a week ago, I joined a campout with the Outdoor Adventure Group from North Coast Calvary Chapel. We all met up at Zion National Park in Utah. Above are Merle and Larraine at our campground way up the mountain, outside the park.
That first day the weather was perfect and clearly revealed the magnificent beauty in Zion National Park; my home away from home. 
One early morning, five of us hiked up to Angels Landing, that peak you can see jutting into the blue sky. The hike is intense, intimidating, exciting and strenuous. My kind of hike!
Looking up and down Walters Wiggles, a series of 21 steep switchbacks that take you up to the Scouts Lookout, a resting place before the summit push. 


After the last grueling half mile, where we had to grip onto chains, tiptoe over a narrow ledge, and overcome our fear of heights, four out of the five who attempted the hike, made it to the summit. View from the top was spectacular!
Ken took this picture of me at the top of Angels Landing. Thank you Ken!
 Ken at the summit. Great hiking with you Ken!
Me at the summit, a bit worn out and shaky. 
 As we crossed the bridge, I snapped this shot of the Virgin River and surrounding mountains of Zion National Park. So incredibly beautiful.
On a different day, some of our group took the Canyon Overlook Hike located right near the Zion National Park Tunnels.
My friends Janet and Jamie. Love you guys! 
Four of the guys, doing what guys do at the Canyon Overlook.  

 Dave, the leader of the trip and Reyna, sitting at the Canyon Overlook.
And here is Larry, a very nice guy who helped me over and over. Thank you Larry!

The incredible view from the Canyon Overlook in Zion National Park.  As always, pictures can never capture the immense view and the glorious feeling I experience while out in the wild.
Dramatic color and contrast in Zion Canyon.
Love of my life, sanctuary for my soul.
May God bless you and keep you safe! Susan Little

Copyright©2009 Susan Little, thecampingqueen72@gmail.com. All rights reserved. Use of photos requires written permission.

I do not accept comments or advertising on my blog, but feel free to email me.